Yoast SEO is an easy-to-use, all-in-one SEO plugin that helps you write and publish better content. Yoast SEO checks your content for technical SEO errors, makes recommendations for on-page SEO, and helps you focus your SEO efforts. In short, Yoast SEO gives you everything you need to rank higher in Google.
There are many things you need to get right when optimizing your content for SEO (search engine optimisation), both on-page SEO and technical SEO, including keyword optimization, readability, WordPress files optimization, and sitemaps.
On-page SEO refers to the process of optimizing your website’s individual pages to improve search rankings making them as user-friendly as possible. This includes optimizing your content, tweaking your titles and descriptions, and making sure your site is easy to navigate.
This is the opposite of off-page SEO, which refers to optimizing for factors that are outside of your website, for example backlinks and social media mentions.
Technical SEO refers to website and server optimizations that help search engine spiders (Internet bots) crawl and index your site more effectively, to help improve organic rankings.
Yoast SEO is the perfect tool for making sure your website meets all the necessary technical SEO standards. In addition, it provides you with the tools you need to optimize your content for on-page SEO and readability.
How does Yoast SEO simplify content optimization for search engines?
- Provides SEO analysis, so you know where to improve your website’s SEO
- Helps you set a keyword and optimize your content for it
- Monitors the content’s age — so you can update it when required
- Performs a readability assessment so you can optimize your writing for the target audience
- Handles technical SEO — optimizes robots.txt, XML sitemaps and .htaccess files
- Sets indexing options by adding meta tags of index or no-index
P.S. Did You Know?
A search engine spider, also known as a web crawler, is an Internet bot that crawls websites and stores information for the search engine to index.